Sunday, May 13, 2012

As If I Needed To Be Reminded

This weekend has been just dandy . . . . . . . God decided that for some reason I needed to be reminded what it's like to be L's Mom - as if!! 

Started out with L staying the night on Thursday seeing as we were doing things together Friday for her birthday.  Typical - had no idea when she was going to be here - She got a tiny bit defensive when I texted her to see what the plans were.  When she got here she was her normal loud self!!

Friday - the plan was to run to the DOL to renew her ID, go to a movie, then lunch.  We got a later start than I thought we would because one of L's friends came by and they went out for a birthday "bowl" - we got to the DOL around 11:30 - which of course is never a quick errand.  We got to the movies just in time for the 12:45 show - we saw The Avengers which was a really good movie - also a very long one.  We got out at 3:25.  L started to get agitated because she wanted to get to her friends house to start getting ready for her birthday bar hop.  I said that was fine - it was OK that we skipped lunch - for her to just tell me what the plan was.  She started texting on her phone so I stopped walking - waiting for her to tell me if we were going to eat or head to her friends.  She then turns to me and says - Can we get going and not just stand here.  I told her I was waiting for her to tell me what the plan was - she got bitchy - said we had to go to the car either way - I replied No - that if we were going to eat we didn't need to go to the car yet.  She said - No time to eat.  OK - we headed to the car.  She then got pissy because her phone lost signal in the parking garage.  We finally got a hold of her friend - picked her up from work - I dropped them off at her friend's house in Kirkland.  When we had left my place L left her work clothes there and said she would come by sometime on Saturday to get them as she had work on Sunday.

Saturday - no word from L - phone turned off.  I sent a text to her friend and got a reply a few hours later that L was with her and would call me soon, once her phone was charged.  She called me around 8:30pm and said she was heading into Seattle to meet up with a friend because she had left her wallet in their car Friday night.  She then wanted to know what time I was heading to bed because she was going to catch the last 554 to the highlands and wanted me to pick her up - oh, this last bus was at 11:30pm!!  I said No - not that late.  She then said she would call me back - which she did - told me she was hanging out in Seattle with friends until the bars closed and would just take a taxi to my place.

Sunday - L waked me up at 5:30 am when she got home to let me know that it wasn't just her - it was also her friends Jen and Andrew - gave me a story about the person that gave them a ride up here lit up heroin in the car and she didn't want them to ride with him.  Said they were just hanging for a bit and trying to figure out how they were going to get home - would probably catch a taxi.  She would wake me up around 9:45 am so I could driver her to work.  9:30 rolls around - I wake up - get dressed - go out to the living room - nobody is there - just back packs and phones - no people.  I get Chrissy ready to go outside - that's when I see a note on the door that says she's not going to work today - needs to catch up on her sleep - just ran to QFC and would be right back.  I go to QFC because I need milk - no sign of her there or on the way back.  She finally shows up around 2:30 - same friends in tow.  They crash in the living room - drinking beer - sleeping - go out to smoke.  I feel like a prisoner in my bedroom because they have taken over the living area.  Every time I ask L when they are leaving I can't get a straight answer.  Finally she comes to me at 5:15 to see if I can drive them to the Iss Transit Center to catch a bus. 

This whole weekend was a series of deja vus!!  I have been through this before with her.  Now she is crashed on my couch - wants me to wake her up in the morning to get ready for work - wants me to drive her there.  So much for my nice 4-Day weekend. 

De


No comments: