Monday, August 22, 2011

Selfishness

Did you know that I'm selfish . . . . . . . . . . . at least that's what L has told me.  In fact she's told me that twice this past week. 

The first time was last Tuesday - After work I drove up to my place to get the mail - L's check was to be there , which it was - I then drove back down to town to pick her up from work to take her to cash it.  When we pulled into the Fred Meyer parking lot and she was getting out of the car I mentioned that we were making good time and she should get to the Park & Ride with enough time to catch her bus.  She gave me her WTH look and I said What?  She said "Your not driving me home!"  I said it was after 7 and I had things to do at home after which she replied - while slamming the car door - "You're Selfish!"  I said well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!  She came back and said What!!  To which I replied - I can't believe that You are calling Me selfish - you're the queen of being selfish.  I told her to just close the door and go cash her check.

Yesterday (Sunday) I received a call at 6pm - she opens the conversation with Hi, What are you doing right now!  I answered that I was building a cabinet - which I was.  She then asked if I would come pick her up and drive her home because it was soooo hot out and she felt like she was going to drop and she just couldn't stand out in the heat waiting for her bus. I said - uh No - I'm in the middle of building a cabinet and I had other things to do.  She then offered to help me with the cabinet and then I could drive her home - I told her No - I was not going to go pick her up to bring her to my house to then turn around and drive her home.  I had things to do.  She huffed - said you're selfish - and hung up on me.

So I guess everything else I have done for her these past months means nothing just because I wouldn't drive her home!  Wow - How could I be like that!  I mean she is never selfish - always thinking of others - putting everyone else's needs above her own.  OK OK - pick yourself up off the floor and stop laughing!

De

1 comment:

Colleen said...

After you forked over all that $ for her teeth!!
And she does not know what HOT is.