Thursday, August 4, 2011

Might Be TMI . . . . . . But This Is A Journey


Oh boy – this has been an interesting week.  Monday my right ankle started swelling - By Tuesday they were both very puffy and my mouth was extremely dry, you know the kind of dry where your tongue sticks to the roof of your mouth and feels like sand paper – No amount of holding water in my mouth would rehydrate it!   Wednesday added the wonderful monthly visitor which was 10 days early!!  I am beginning to feel like God’s practical joke!  Yes – I am almost 47 and have become premenopausal!  I am just thrilled!  As if there wasn’t enough crap going on in my life.  Add all of these things to the fact that it is a month end close without a weekend cushion so we really had to push it to try and get everything done.  See why I feel like someone is playing jokes on me – I’m Not Laughing!!!!! 

I feel like I should have a warning sign in my cube – enter at your own risk!  I am so on edge these days and I am trying so hard not to snap at anyone.  

One good thing – all of the little irritating things like headaches, being unable to sleep at night and then not being able to get up in the morning, constantly being warm – are all starting to make a little more sense.  Of course everyone is different so it’s not like I can compare notes with anyone – also my Mom never went through this, I don’t believe my sister has, and most of my friends are too young. 
 
OK – on to another story.  Poor L has housemates that don’t respect her stuff – they use her laundry detergent, eat her food, and just this week she discovered that someone has been replacing the Vodka in her bottle with water.  How did she know you might ask – was it that her drinks were tasting rather weak.  Nope – it was because she keeps her vodka in the freezer – most of us know that vodka doesn’t freeze – and when she took the bottle out of the freezer last night her “vodka” was frozen!!  This would be kinda understandable if she was living with a bunch of teenagers our young twenty somethings – but her housemates are mostly around my age!!  That’s just so wrong!  These people need to just leave her stuff alone.  She keeps most of it in her room now – but her frozen things need to be in the freezer in the shared kitchen.

Things that seemed funny to me this week:

  • When I got home last night there was a bird on the grass.  I said Hi Mr Red Robin – which was funny because I was carrying my take-out dinner from .. . . . . . . . Red Robin!!
  • Went to go pay for my parking at the kiosk and saw three men all standing around the machine putting coins in the machine to pay their parking fee of . . . . . $27!!!  Tourist didn’t plan very well for Seattle parking fees.
  • We have a department goldfish now and when I went to feed it this afternoon he got scared and quickly turned to swim away and smacked right into the plastic tree in his bowl!  Poor Mr. EBIDA (Yes we are Finance Nerds)
De

No comments: