Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Not Sure What To Say

I'm not even sure where to start . . . . . . . I'm not sure I can write about everything that went down . . . . . Not sure anyone will believe me - they might think I am exaggerating . . . . . . I should have recorded the whole scene on my iPhone.

5:30 am - I got out of bed on time!  Got ready for work.  Saw that I had received a text message in the middle of the night from a number I didn't recognize - it was from L but not from her phone number - her phone had broken so she couldn't text or set her alarm but she could receive calls and wanted me to call her at 930 so she could get up for work.  Sure - no problem.

9:30 am - Gave L a call - she asked me if I would take her to cash her state check when she got off at 5 - I told her I wasn't sure what time I would be off work but I would try.  She then said that seeing as her phone was broken she didn't think she could pay me any of the $$ she owes me this week.  Fine - whatever - not a surprise!

6:15 pm - Picked L up form work - drove up to my place to get the mail - oops!!  No Check!!  Major Major fit gets thrown - lots of F words - what is she going to do - she needs a new phone!!  Started to give her a lecture about planning - not living check to check - yada yada yada!  Told her we could go to Target to see how much the phones were!  I asked how much the one that broke was - she said $70 but she wasn't going to get one like that - which to me meant she was going to get a cheaper one.  When we got to Target - the cheapest phone was $70 - I was not going to float that much money.  This is where the night took a weird turn.

L - If I for go the phone can you give me $40 - I have plans tonight and my check didn't come.

Me - I have no cash so No!

L - How about $20

Me - Again - I have no cash so No

This went on and on and on in the middle of Target - she just kept getting more and more belligerent - I finally said I was done listening to this - i was not going to take it anymore - the answer was No and she could just walk to the Park and Ride on her own and that I was going home.

She said she was going to follow me out to the car and push her way in.  I got to the car - got in on my side - did not unlock her door which led to her smashing her fist against the windshield - climbing on the hood of my car - when I started the car and put it in reverse she stood behind the car - I let off the brake a bit and rolled towards her - she moved but then went back to pounding on the windows.  I called my Mom - mostly cause I needed someone on the phone with me in case L busted a window or tried to attack me instead of the car.  She finally walked away and I drove home.

Since then she keeps calling me - to apologize . . . . . uh no!  She wants an apology from me for - in her words - trying to run her over with my car!  Because that was just so wrong and she would never do that.  I so was not going to run her over - never stepped on the gas - foot on the brake at all time.  But that is what she wants to keep going over - I was so mean to her . . . oh and she still doesn't understand why I wouldn't give her $20!!  She also is upset because she doesn't know how she's going to get work tomorrow because she has no bus money and I told her it was not my problem - yeah, that kinda pissed her off and she went down the road of interpreting that to mean that I don't care about her, I don't love her.  Also, if I don't help her get to work tomorrow and cash her check then she can't pay me what she owes me so I must not want my money.  The way her mind works boggles mine.

So she is wanting me to apologize and I told her I couldn't do that tonight because I am just not over what happened to which she responded - "I've gotten over it and said sorry I yelled at you - I'm being adult about this - I don't know why you can't"  then she hung up on me.  At that moment I was thinking - Oh Thank God - she hung up on me so I guess she won't be calling again tonight!

Oh - one more thing - during all of this crap on the phone she says to me "My phone is still broken so You need to call me tomorrow at 9 to wake me up!"

De
Quick Update - L has decided to take this to Facebook!  She tagged me in her posts one of which said "F*** You"  Yeah - she is a prize!

1 comment:

Tony said...

My 2 cents...for the time being...don't return L's calls, quit giving L rides, quit giving L money...you're only enabling her. It's time for L to figure it out on her own.