Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bright and Early

It’s been a week since I decided to try and get into work early and I am proud to say I have made it in every day before 8:00!! I was in today right at 7:00. I got my checks cut and my wires entered before anyone else from my department got into the office. I feel so accomplished.


Had a great weekend – spent Saturday catching up on DVR items and Sunday I drove up to La Connor and took my Dad to see the new James Bond movie for his birthday. The movie, Skyfall, was really good! Lots of action, good storyline, easy to follow. It was a lot of fun. After the movie we picked up Mom and went to the La Connor Brewery for dinner. They make these small hand-tossed pizzas cooked in a brick oven. Very tasty.

I am very excited for tomorrow – Twilight Marathon! Yes – L and I are going to Lincoln Cinemas to watch all of the Twilight Movies culminating in the debut of the final movie in the series. I can hardly wait! The first movie starts at 12:10 pm. I am thinking we will need to get to the theater around 10 – 10:30 to make sure we don’t get stuck sitting in the very front row. If I’m sitting in the movies for 12 hours I want comfortable seats. If we get there and there isn’t a big line – we can just go hang out in the Container Store for awhile.

I will be working from home on Friday – to sleep in a bit and L has a court date in the afternoon. Not sure how this is going to go – she still hasn’t done her alcohol evaluation so we may end up with yet another continuance. She is such a procrastinator – I’ve been known to put off some uncomfortable things but never for this long and not for something this important. I just have to keep reminding myself that she is an adult, this is all on her, and it is not mine to stress about. I have to remember to do that in regards to her medical bills too – she has put off calling places and trying to work out payment plans – and she has also put off getting in touch with DSHS to find out what assistance she can qualify for. Lots of growing to be done by both of us – I need to let go and she needs to start taking care of things on her own. We’ll get there!

De

No comments: