Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Horrible Middle School Children

Some of you may know that I enjoy listening to Talk Radio while I’m at work and/or driving home. I listen to KIRO 97.3. Today I was listening to The Dori Monson Show and he talked about a video/story that just broke my heart. The video shows a 60+ year old lady who is a bus monitor on a Middle School bus in New York. A group of Middle School kids, and yes one of them is taping this on their phone and posted it to YouTube, is verbally abusing this woman. The video is 10 minutes long – I only made it through the first minute – I just couldn’t believe what these kids were doing. I have tears in my eyes. If one of these kids was mine – they would not be able to sit down today. What has happened to this generation of kids? When I was growing up we were taught to respect our elders – I would never have talked to an adult the way these kids are. Is this what we get when we raise children in an environment where everyone “wins”, everything they do is “great”, no one fails? Is this the new world of children wanting to be “famous” for doing anything – the more YouTube hits the better! I am sure if this lady had stood up for herself and yelled at the kids, possibly even given them the smack they deserved, the parents would be suing her, the bus driver, and the school system. Because of course – their little angels didn’t deserve it – their little Johnny would never treat someone like that – it wasn’t my kid! What do you think about this video? What do you think should happen to these children? What would you do if it was your child?

If I could find this woman I would give her a big hug and tell her she's beautiful.

De




WARNING – The Language in This Video is NSFW (not safe for work)

No comments: