Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chrissy Got Hurt

Well - today was eventful - and not in a good way.  Everything was going along like any regular Sunday.  Chores - hanging with the pup - watching Law & Order.  A little bit before 2:00 I took Chrissy out for a bathroom break.  We were walking along the walkway in front of our building - heading out towards the road.  We got to the end of the walk - I glanced up and saw a brown dog on a leash but with no one holding the other end - I went to pull Chrissy back towards me but this dog was fast and it jumped on Chrissy - grabbed her by the behind and pinned her to the ground.  A second dog then came running at us and started attacking Chrissy - the owner was trying to grab the leashes but these dogs were big and she had no control over them.  I screamed at the top of my lungs and tried to get in there to pull Chrissy away from them.  They both had her pinned to the ground and I could hear Chrissy crying out in pain.  It seemed to go on forever but I finally got her away from them - she was shaking so bad and I was trying to make sure she wasn't broken anywhere.  I honestly was expecting to see her torn in half with how they were tugging on her. 

This owner had no control over her dogs and she kept telling me - oh your dog is fine.  They weren't trying to hurt her!!  WTH!!  They went after her like she was a chew toy!!  The lady then took off with her dogs before I got my wits about me and could ask her for her name, number, and which building she lived in.  I do know that she lives in the same Condo Complex and I think she is in a building close to mine.  I took Chrissy up to our house and started looking her over.  I came across discoloration and what looked like puncture wounds.  I wrapped her up and took her to the vet.  I got there and the Tech said the Dr had left about 5 minutes ago but he would try to call him.  The vet didn't answer but when the tech was talking to me about going to Alpine Hospital the phone rang and it was him.  The Tech gave him my name, Chrissy's name, and said she was attacked by 2 dogs.  Dr Brar said he was turning around and he would be right back at the office soon.  This vet is wonderful!  He is so loving and caring for all his patients.  He came and looked her over - we found some scrapes and wounds on her belly - he then took her to the back room and they had to shave off her fur on her behind so they could see all of the wounds and make sure she didn't need stitches.  When they brought her back in you could see the bruising in the shapes of the dogs mouths!!  It looks so bad.  She was lucky though - Dr Brar said when little dogs are attacked by such big dogs they worry about fractured hips, nerve damage, and internal organ damage.  It looked like she wasn't hurt to that extent.  They gave her shots of pain meds and antibiotics and sent me home with more to give her over the next week.  We have to go back in on Saturday for a recheck to make sure she is healing. 

Next on the agenda is filing a report with animal control, calling the onsite manager for the Condo's to see if he knows where this gal lives, calling the Home Owners Assoc to file a report, and then try to find this lady so I can get her to reimburse me for the vet bills.

 I am just so glad Chrissy is alive!!

De

1 comment:

Colleen said...

This makes me so angry...reading this. That women is a piece of work, did she not see what was going on? I hope you find out who she is and report her.