Sunday, March 11, 2012

Best Laid Plans . . . . . Yada Yada Yada

I should just not make plans at all . . . . . . . plan was to run a couple errands Saturday morning, do laundry, dishes, rearrange bedroom furniture.  Those plans went right out the window when my cell phone rang at 330 Saturday morning - any guesses as to who it was . . .ahh forget it - y'all know who would call me at 330 - L!  She was at a party up here on the plateau - things were getting full of drama and she wanted to know if she could come crash here - what was I going to say "Uh, No - you can't"  I asked if she had her key - she said yup and that she would either get someone to drive her over here or she would walk.  Which - that part I would have laughed at if I wasn't half asleep - she will walk miles for a place to crash but won't walk a mile to get food.  Guess we know what's important to her.  A couch to crash on or alcohol/cigarettes. 

Interrupted sleep is not good for me - neither is having someone asleep on my couch - the condo isn't that big.  So I started cleaning up the kitchen a little bit - I started one load of laundry.  Then L woke up - started talking really loud on her phone!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I asked her what her plans were for the day - where did she need to be - so on and so forth.  Yeah - she had no plans.  So I ate breakfast and then said I needed to run a couple errands.  She went with me and grabbed her stuff in case we decided she needed to go home.  Home Depot for Coaxial Cable so I could move things around in my room.  Then I looked at lights - I need a new one by my front door.  We find one, L is good at changing out lights so I brought her back up to the house.  She changed it out - I drove her to Kelley's place - got back home at 800 - which was actually 900 because of the time change.  My whole Saturday out the window!

Sunday I got up early to head down to Kent to go to church with Jason and his family for his new daughter Sydney's Baby Blessing. Had to leave here at 800 - which was really 700!  Way too early.  It was nice though - Sydney is really cute and a really good baby.  When I got home I was tired so I spent time on the couch - the day just flew by - next thing I knew it was 800 and time for Amazing Race. 

Guess my plans for this past weekend will have to wait until this coming weekend - I am taking a couple days off so it will be a nice 4-Day weekend for me! 

Funny story from L changing out the light - I flipped the circuit breaker so she would zap herself.  After she got it all wired we flipped the switch and it didn't work.  So we flipped off the breaker again and she made a quick change - this time it worked!  Funny thing was that all the lights that are on that circuit came back on except for the hall lights.  I turning switches on and off wondering WTH is going on - L comes down the hall and turns the dimmer switch - Let there be light!!  I laughed so hard!  I had been punching the dimmer switch on and off - not knowing that L had turned it down during the night instead of actually clicking it off!! Sucks getting old!

De

No comments: