Tuesday, June 17, 2014

She's Got Big Ones

Before I get to the why let me set this up.

Last week there was an argument because we weren’t leaving right at 7:30 to take Baby C to the daycare like L wanted to.  I wouldn’t apologize and reminded L that I was doing her a favor and if it is so important to her that C get to the daycare at a specific time then she can walk.  Needless to say, that didn’t go over very well and she refused to see it that way – she saw it as me not caring or trying and that I just need to adjust when I get out of bed so I can be on the schedule she wants.

Last night, or I should say this morning as it was 2:30 am, Baby C started crying and L gave her a bottle (didn’t work) – turned on the Disney Channel (didn’t work) so she just let her cry.  At about 3:00 I had had enough so I got up and went in there and picked up C.  L said she didn’t know what she wanted and just wanted to sleep.  I took the baby into my room; we snuggled in bed for a bit, she looked out the window, had the rest of her bottle, and played with the blankets.  She just wasn’t tired and wanted to be with someone.  After about 45 min of this I took her back into her room and put her in her crib.  She cried for about 30 seconds, realized I wasn’t going to come back in, and went to sleep.

It was now almost 4 and my alarm goes off at 5:30.  I honestly contemplated just getting up and doing something but knew I would be way too tired later in the day so I went back to sleep.  Somehow, I turned my alarm off instead of hitting snooze and overslept until 7:30 (refer back up to the first paragraph!!)  I ran into Land C’s room and told her I overslept and she needed to get up.  At 7:42 the following conversation took place:

L:             It’s 7:42 and if I walk her to the daycare she will still miss breakfast.

Me:          What do you want me to say – I overslept.

L:             She still needs to go to daycare – why didn’t you get up

Me:          Maybe it’s because . .

L:             (interrupting) you did it on purpose!

Me:          No – I was going to say because I was up with your daughter in the middle of the night

L:             Just give me the keys and I’ll get her to the daycare

Me:          You’re not driving my car

L:             It’s only ½ a mile away nothing’s going to happen

Me:          You’re not driving my car

L:             What do you think is going to happen?  I’m not drunk

Me:          You’re not driving my car.   

L:             (walking out of the room and talking to C) I guess you don’t get to have breakfast

Told you – Big Ones!!  I’m still shaking my head that she had the nerve/balls to ask me to drive my car.

Baby C had yogurt and Cereal at home in case you were worried she didn’t get breakfast. J


De

No comments: